Manager, Software Development for a Software Company
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists:
Do you enjoy building customer applications? We are growing our consulting team again. You will lead, mentor and coach two-three project teams of software developers. You will manage the teams that build customer solutions and deliver on commitments.
We are searching for a Permanent resource.
Why we’re a cool company
- Recent recipient of Employee Recommended Workplace Awards
- On the Branham300 List of Top Canadian ICT Companies, 3x in a row
- 2019 Globe and Mail’s Top Growing Companies
- 2019 finalist Timmy Awards for Best Tech Work Culture
- Headquarters in NE Oakville. Less than 1km from the QEW, walking distance to cafes and eateries.
If people only knew the great stuff we do here. – Unsolicited quote from team member
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against:
- Assign work to individual developers while also participating as a software developer
- Working with the Project Manager and other stakeholders to deliver software that meets customer needs
- Working with Solution Designers, Project Managers and Clients to understand business requirements
- Run day-to-day activities of dynamic engineering teams, including requirements grooming and scrums
- Lead agile software processes for the engineering teams and introduce best-in-class industry practices
- Lead and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
- Communicate status, risks, and offer mitigation strategies to ensure on-time delivery of all committed projects to cross functional teams and management
- Interfacing with customer teams
- Play an important role of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach and performance manage teams of exceptional engineers (e.g., mentoring, recruiting, training and career development, performance evaluation)
- Act as an internal ambassador for the engineering team to other groups
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 5+ years experience as Software Developer
- Experience in executing projects
- Excellent customer facing communication skills (verbal, written presentation)
- Hands on technical manager experienced in building and deploying secure, scalable solutions
- You have a passion for enabling and motivating people to do their best work
- You have experience managing remote developers – we’re all remote during the pandemic
- Expert working knowledge of Object-Oriented design/programming with Java and/or C#/.NET. SQL Server & Database Design
- Strong working knowledge of current technologies, Cloud technologies, and computing architectures including Microservices architecture, Containerization, SOAP / RESTful service design and implementation
- Demonstrated experience analyzing business and technical requirements and solution design
- Technical degree in Computer Science or Engineering at University or College level
Connect with Us!
To learn more about this opportunity, the client, their culture, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: Software Development Manager
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
Please include your resume. We’re searching for GTHA persons only. During the Covid-19 pandemic, to keep everyone safe, hiring and on-boarding 100% remote.