Our clients business continues to grow and we are adding an additional QA person. The ideal candidate will have a programming background and has chosen to take QA as their desired career path.
The purpose of this role and why this role exists
- Flex-hours outside core hours 10-4
- Flexible working location when required
- Currently located in trendy ol’downtown area right beside a terrific coffee shop. Lots of eateries, specialty food shops and outdoor patios within a stone’s throw
- Currently walking distance to the GO station on Lakeshore West line which runs every 30 minutes, however, we’re growing and moving to a short bus ride away from the GO station
- We use Slack and other video conferencing tools to collaborate remotely alongside many other modern tools
- We have amazing clients who are fun to work with and appreciate our value to them
- We are the sole technology provider for several clients where we have been able to earn their trust and respect
- A breadth of experience exposure across several personalities, client types, projects, and industries
- Casual, yet professional environment
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely QA estimates, author test cases and plans, prioritize, coordinate and perform testing activities for multiple simultaneous projects
- Ensure all user stories have adequate detail in the acceptance criteria as input to test case development
- Design, develop and execute automated regression scripts using open source tools
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved
- Articulate QA criteria to the third-party on-shore QA company. Coordinate QA work packages and manage resulting issues identified by them
- Reproduce issues reported by clients
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 5 years experience performing QA within software companies and strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- You have past QA experience in software companies vs. banks or insurance companies
- Experience with creating test cases & plan, manual and automated regression testing, and load testing
- Experience with web automated regression tools such as Ghost Inspector
- Experience with load testing tools such as Siege
- Working with external QA services provider, coordinating work packages
- Understand software architecture
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Sound like you? Sent your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org now!
Please include your resume.
About the Company
Our client builds commercial applications. They’re 6+ year old growing firm with over 10 software engineers plus business analysts/project managers, and creative talent delivering some really cool stuff. They own some projects entirely, sometimes they’re an extension of the client. 50%+ of their products can be found in an app store or publicly on-line.