We are searching for a Full Stack Python / Django / MySQL Developer & Designer.
If your career goal is to own commercial applications then this role may be for you.
You will be working with the business to prioritize outstanding changes and build the product roadmap as we scale and expand internationally.
Our work environment.
- Full benefits package
- We use team collaboration tools to collaborate
- Casual, yet professional environment
- For local candidates, largely work-from-home during the pandemic. Partial WFH afterwards.
- Receptive to candidates across Canada
- WFH monthly allowance
- Flex time
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists.
We are growing and need a professional software designer/developer to analyze, enhance, scale and maintain our custom SaaS solution.
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements to define & design new Products, features and functionality
- Full-stack coding, end-to-end design & delivery, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Maintaining and expanding a white-label application
- Lead the development of programmatically sourcing data, cleansing data, and integrating into our application
- Periodic Level 2 & 3 support
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 7-years+ of experience in software development roles with open source technologies in a SaaS environment
- Backend: Python / Django and PHP / Laravel (or other PHP frameworks), NodeJS
- Frontend: Bootstrap, Sass, CSS, HTML, VueJS
- Experience creating Restful APIs
- MySQL/PostgreSQL and data model design (logical & physical data models)
- Experience manipulating very large data sets (1M+ records)
- IDE such as Pycharm (Python) and Phstorm
- HTML / XML parsers like Beautiful Soap
- WordPress content management systems
- Experience with DevOps methodologies, CI/CD pipelines
- Scaling applications
- Experience with DigitalOcean, Heroku & Dynos, managing VMs and good knowledge of Cloud Technologies
- Experience with AWS S3, EC2 and Lightsail
- Experiencing creating data integration solutions
- Git code repository
- Good working knowledge of DNS
- Effective communication skills
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Nice to haves
- Product Management experience, developing roadmaps and project plans
- Experience with ETL solutions
- PaaS experience
- Experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technologies
- Experience with web scraping solutions
About the Company
We are a Canadian company using our 20 years of experience to provide consulting services to businesses obtaining government funding.
Coupled with our services, we have developed a unique supporting suite of applications providing us with an unrivaled competitive advantage. Our application provides our clients with visibility into the very complex and hidden $14B data feed of open funding opportunities.
Let’s Get to Work!
To learn more about the client, their culture and the opportunity, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: Python
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
We provide recruitment services to technology companies to identify and acquire high-value technology staff. We specialize in complex assignments, roles requiring multiple technologies, skills and/or business vertical knowledge, like this one.
We bring 25+ years of broad experience working in software companies and IT professional consulting firms as hiring management of Technical staff. We can help you find the right people.
Based in Halton Region, Ontario (GTA-West) we specialize on the staffing challenges of tech companies located in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Georgetown, Hamilton, Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto. Visit us at SearchVelocity.ca
Keywords: AI, ML, job, jobs, Halton, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Hamilton, Mississauga, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Halifax