PHP developer for an established FinTech company in Oakville. We have created a digital platform for wealth management for Canadians. Our mission is to simplify investing for Canadians to help them reach their financial dreams sooner.
We are growing. We’re building new products and have other new products in the pipeline including eventually migrating to a native cloud serverless solution. We need an additional Sr. PHP Developer (full-stack) to join our team to help us build and continue to grow.
Our goal is to find a self-starter, seasoned developer, with very good communications skills who can contribute to our best practices. Someone with a successful track record of developing and delivering scalable, responsive, secure, multi-tenant SaaS projects, both individually and as a team member (hint: showcase your past projects at the interview – bring them with you!).
- Free financial advice and no fees on your investments – a benefit that will pay off for decades
- Benefits and RSP matching start on day-one
- Flex hours outside of core 10-3
- Perkopolis subscription
- … and more
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Full-stack development including research and analysis, requirements review and gathering, design, impact analysis, estimating, unit testing, internal documentation and maintenance
- Planning out sprints while identifying and assisting in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
- Consuming APIs. API development (potentially if this is something that interests you)
- Occasional Level-3 support, defect investigation and resolution
- Integration with backend Financial Systems
Some of the Experiences & Background We’d Like to See
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- PHP experience – 5+ years
- GUI – Expert level – Must have
- .NET / C# – 3 years – Very nice to have
- 5+ years MySQL or MSSQL
- CMS experience, preferably with WordPress
- HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, Restful APIs, Selenium
- Strong in security for web applications
- Git, or similar open source code control systems
- Agile Scrum environment
- Windows OS
- Experience consuming third-party libraries, APIs and Web services
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Fintech experience
- AWS or Azure Cloud experience
- Slack & Jira
- Sharepoint and Sharepoint API
- Devops experience
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be able to travel intermittently to the United States
Sound like you? Sent your resume to email@example.com now!
Please include your resume.
About the Company
An established and growing FinTech company in Oakville. We have created a digital platform for wealth management for Canadians. Our mission is to simplify investing for Canadians to help them reach their financial dreams sooner.