Imagine envisioning and designing a new breakthrough product, a real time, closed-loop, weld monitoring system.
We are looking for a hands-on intrapreneurial individual to lead the design and development of a new Machine Vision / Machine Learning product. The ideal candidate is a multi-disciplinary engineer experienced with computer vision technologies.
This is a new space in Industry 4.0, you will have the opportunity to make novel research contributions in computer vision, imaging and machine learning. You will be given the opportunity to build compelling demos and illustrative results.
This is a lead role + growth role which will have a significant impact on of the future of the company. Are you in?
About this Job
This is a key net-new hire for the organization. We need someone to take on these challenges:
- Using Machine Vision and Machine Learning techniques, you will research then develop a real time closed-loop weld monitoring system for Industry 4.0.
- Rapidly prototype multiple possible solutions and interface with stakeholders to determine the most appropriate path forwards
Define our MV/ML technology stack
- Learn our conventional MV software stack and eventually take on the responsibility of implementing new (and maintain existing) algorithms and tools in C++
- Continuing proposals to, and conducting new research projects to ensure our software product is a world-class offering
Why we’re a cool company
- Full benefits package
- Casual, yet professional environment
- For local candidates, partial WFH
- Receptive to candidates across Canada
- Flex time
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree (or equivalent industry experience) in Computer Science or Engineering, in areas related to computer vision, computational imaging, and machine learning
- 4-years Machine Vision / Computer Vision experience with data extraction from video using ML
- 4-years Machine Learning experience
- 5-years C++ design and lead development experience, ideally within an industrial environment
- Experience defining tool sets
- Experience with ideation and POC, managing R&D projects, stakeholders expectations, and driving projects
- Knowledge of Productionizing ML models
- Strong knowledge of the state-of-the-art computer vision algorithms
- Experience creating deep learning datasets for computer vision problems
- We use Visual Studio, VS Code, SVN, CMake
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Data management, process management
- Leadership skills
We develop rigorous machine vision systems designed for use in harsh production environments to see quality defects using in-house developed proprietary hardware and software. We have a team-oriented culture, casual yet professional environment, consisting of a well-educated workforce.
We will invest in your professional growth in the hopes of building a longer term relationship with you. We take pride in our highly talented and stable team, where each person’s contributions are valued and our team’s success is celebrated.
This is a Permanent opportunity.
N E X T S T E P S
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to build your career, then we want to hear from you. Please email your resume to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: MV
Keywords: ML, MV, 2D, 3D, mechatronics, MV toolkits, anomaly detection, deep learning classification, Convolutional Neural Network, CNN, Convolutional Neural Network, Inception network, ConvNet, Pytorch, Residual neural network, image recognition, Amazon Sagemaker, Apache Beam pipelines, Apache Airflow, Google Dataflow, Reinforcement Learning, RL, data engineer, Data scientist, ML developer, job, jobs, Halton, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Hamilton, Mississauga, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Halifax, Ottawa, Montreal, Canada