About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists
If your career goal is to build enterprise applications effectively from scratch vs maintaining pre-existing apps, then this role may be for you.
Why we’re a cool company
- Flexible working location
- Full Benefits
- Lots of latitude of responsibilities within a project. E.g. Client liaison, Project Management and/or more
- Plurasight and Lynda subscriptions for ongoing learning
- A casual relaxed environment, with a lounge and gaming
- Great central location at 427 & Hwy 7
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Full-stack delivery, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Provide effort estimates, planning out weekly sprints, while identifying and assisting in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
- L2 support of production environments until handover complete
- Lead a project to achieve given delivery commitments
- Part of team decommission legacy applications
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- Java, Java EE (JEE) and Java frameworks Spring and Hibernate (3 years min)
- MS-SQL, MySQL, and/or PostgreSQL (3 years min)
- Restful API development experience
- Git and/or Bitbucket
- Linux, Windows Servers
- DevOps: Jenkins, Maven
- Strong presentation skills, consultative selling skills and Relationship skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Haves
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS or MS Azure
- Redmine, Microsoft Teams, JIRA
Connect with Us!
To learn more about this opportunity, the client, their culture, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: Java Developer
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
About the Company
Our client is a 9-year old boutique fast moving software company with two principle practices: custom software development utilizing opensource tools, and a well regarded practice of migrating clients’ legacy Notes/Domino enterprise applications to an opensource stack.
Please include your resume. We’re searching for local permanent resources only and will consider a contracts arrangement.
Note: A Criminal Background check is required due to their client contractual requirements.