Sr. JAVA Developer for SaaS Product Company
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists
We are growing our team again. We have continual growth across each of our business units, which is why we’re always looking for new additions to our vibrant and diverse team.
Projects revolve around our BI and DevOps products and custom software development.
Why we’re a cool company
- Recent recipient of Employee Recommended Workplace Awards
- Flex time, partial work-from-home
- Full benefit package from Day 1
- Monthly Social events
- Headquarters in NE Oakville
- Less than 1km from the QEW, walking distance to cafes and eateries.
If people only knew the great stuff we do here. – Unsolicited quote from team member
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Work with business analysts to translate user requirements and technical specifications into design solutions
- Peer review programming code and participate in code reviews
- Provide support and guidance to intermediate and junior developers covering development and implementation approach
- Lead implementation and adherence to development and process standards, while refining, defining and establishing processes, templates, and software development
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- JAVA – 5 years
- Full-stack experience
- Experience leading 5+ developers in a software development team
- Experience with modern JS frameworks like React, Vue, Angular and responsive design
- Experience building cloud native applications
- Experience with design, implementation and integration with common enterprise application storage mechanisms including in-memory, object storage, RDBMS and NoSQL
- Computer Science related degree or diploma ideally with coop terms
Connect with Us!
To learn more about this opportunity, the client, their culture, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: JAVA Developer
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
About the Company
Our client is a software product company, custom software development and IT professional services firm, based in Oakville and offices in New York and Waterloo. They are on the Branham300 List of Top Canadian ICT Companies, three years in a row. Recently they have also ranked in the Growth500, Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for two years.
Please include your resume. We’re searching for local permanent resources only.