Imagine a enabling a food processor to grow 2x over the next 5-years through new technologies?
Searching for a hands-on IT Manager for a large food processing company in Brampton/Mississauga area. Initial 3-month contract with the possibility of roll becoming permanent.
Requires someone who will position IT as a Business partner through its journey of demonstrable continual improvement.
Initial engagement will include a discovery process to review company’s as-is environment and identity areas of improvements in reliability, speed, security, costs, increased functionality and / or new technologies to accelerate the business, providing them with a competitive advantage.
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists.
We are looking for a proactive individual, one who is continually looking for ways to improve the business by new or improved technology. The company growing yearly by double-digits. They need to ensure the computing production environment will scale, and contains sufficient redundancy, to meet their expected growth.
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against.
- Supporting the production environment – supporting their hosted ERP is mission critical
- Managing vendors who provide virtually all of their computer services and maintenance
- Plant communication infrastructure (e.g. scanners, scales, label printers)
- Data and network security and backups
- Planning and implementation of upgrades to IT infrastructure
- Manage helpdesk
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before.
- Support of a production environment including networking, security, network latency, telephony, WAN, EDI, plant connectivity, hosted applications, monitoring system performance
- Supporting a production ERP or MRP
- Superior problem resolution techniques, practices and rapid root-cause determination. Avoiding system outages is a primary responsibility
- Managing a small team providing break/fix/diagnosis
- Experience managing vendors including SaaS providers
- Experience using SQL and SSRS
- Project Management and Budget Management
- Knowledge of current with leading edge processes and technology
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft’s hosted services
- Strong knowledge of the SaaS model
- Experience with Canadian food compliancy and regulations (nice to have)
- Degree in relevant discipline
Expect travel between GTA locations.
About the Company
They are a decades old food processing company providing packaged and unpackaged perishables to your grocery store.
Connect with Us!
To learn more about the client, their culture and the opportunity, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick@searchvelcity.ca, Subject: IT Manager
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.