Imagine leading the Human Resources function of an established software company? You will be the primary face of all HR related topics for our staff and management. We’re searching for someone who wants inspire others and take their career to the next level.
The successful candidate will bring broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding, from employee compensation to job performance, employee engagement , skills development and career planning, and importantly, Employer Branding in a hybrid-workforce technology company.
You are the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics. The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the employees and company.
Why we’re a cool company
- Recipient of Globe and Mail & Morneau Shepell’s Employee Recommended Workplace Award
- Timmy Awards Finalist for Best Tech Work Culture
- Branham300 List of Top Canadian ICT Companies, three years in a row
- Globe and Mail’s Top Growing Companies
- Headquarters in NE Oakville. Less than 1km from the 403, walking distance to cafes and eateries
- Full benefit package from Day 1
- RRSP matching
- Tuition reimbursement and coverage of professional dues
- Conference Budget
- Fitness Membership
- 50% Cellphone reimbursement
- Flex time, Flex location (3days/week remote)
“If people only knew the great stuff we do here…” – Unsolicited quote from team member
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Lead the HR functions within the company: HR processes, talent planning & acquisition, employer branding, employee engagement & relations, performance management, leadership development, compensation & benefits, and People Analytics.
- You’ll work closely with Managers and your internal recruiter to attract and recruit top talent, expand employer branding, and ensure exceptional candidate experience
- Use your HR expertise, energy and business acumen to establish a trusted partnership within the company
- Navigate and introduce best practices for a hybrid workforce while maintaining our inclusive and collaborative culture
- Lead and mentor your Internal Recruiter and Culture Coordinator staff
- Play a key role in the development and roll out of new initiatives and projects that support manager excellence
- Coach and advise managers on the full spectrum of employee relations issues
- Manage annual performance review and Learning Development processes ensuring that all reviews are completed in a timely manner
- Use HRIS to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential
- Always be available for our employees
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 3-5 years in a Human Resources role with exposure to all facets of HR in the tech sector
- 2+ years of experience in performance management
- Experience with talent planning & national acquisition, employer branding, employee engagement & relations, performance management, leadership development, compensation & benefits, and People Analytics
- Strong people skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels
- Ability to inspire, motivate, educate and empower others in a positive and productive team environment
- Success in maintaining an inclusive and collaborative culture within a hybrid workforce
- Self-motivated, organized, confident, and results-orientated
- Critical thinking skills and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with HRIS (BambooHR), ATS (Lever), and People Success (Lattice) software
- Post-Secondary education and a degree/certificate in Human Resources Management
- CHRP designation is an asset
- French language is a plus
Why our Client?
Our client is an amazing Canadian software product company, custom software development and IT professional services firm based in Oakville. They specialists in DevOps, Cloud Development, and Analytics & AI.
If this sounds like you and you’re looking to grow your career in the Tech Sector, then we want to hear from you. Please email your resume to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: HR Manager