Imagine a role with the flexibility to create your own schedule while helping trainees become proficient in their chosen discipline. Do you have a passion for training, teaching and coaching, and working with trainees, guiding them past the “aha!” moment, when the lights come on & it all makes sense, and we’ve kick-started their career? You will be a role model for others and act as a coach and trainer and be responsible for training new employees.
We are searching for two trainers, an e-Learning Instructor and Mentor Coach. Both roles are key in the success of this new Graphics Installer training program. Both roles are part-time six-month contracts starting in April 2023.We require industry experts with experience training and coaching. Both roles are similar but have different objectives:
e-Learning Instructor – facilitates e-Learning sessions for 10 trainees, 1-hour/week. Your role is to provide a personal learning experience and subject matter expertise for the trainees. Focus is on the e-Learning content and exam(s) preparation. Training facilitation experience is required for the e-Learning instructor.
Mentor Coach – meets virtually with trainees and the companies’ technical trainers, 1-hour/week. You role is to monitor trainee progress, provide mentorship & motivation, and evaluate each trainee’s practical shop floor assignments – a key element of certification. Mentor Coach candidates must feel comfortable with assessing trainees’ performance.
Successful applicants will take the training program so as to become very knowledgeable about the curriculum, and will be trained in our back-end systems. You will attend and be an active participant in regular planning and scheduling meetings. All paid activities.
- You are an expert in your field
- 5 years Graphics Installation experience with printing, fabrication and installation of signs, install graphics of different sizes on the vehicles, large scale graphics and displays. Knowledge of vinyl graphics a must.
- 2 years training and coaching experience. Demonstrable experiencing training Graphic Installers in the safe operation of equipment to achieve desired quality
- Training facilitation experience (very nice to have)
- You have the ability to train a diverse group of people. You are confident in your abilities and can demonstrate that confidence to trainees.
- You are comfortable with virtual meetings and remote assistance
- You are capable of exercising independent judgment
- Computer Literacy – efficient in MS Office applications, Zoom, Google apps and an interest to learn new technologies (Learning Management Systems).
- Good people skills. Excellent communication skills, presentation skills and an active listener
- French is an asset
- A virtual role based in Canada (no exceptions).
- Potential travel to customer sites in your region for coaching, examinations, or meetings
- Business hours, but occasional after-hours or weekends as needed to accommodate trainees.
- We need you to be flexible with the ability to work across and multiple time zones
- Bring-your-own-devices (computer, mic, webcam, cell phone)
- This is a part-time 6month contract position
- Mileage allowance
Keywords: examiner, Technical Trainer, part-time, parttime, contract, work-from-home, remote, flex location, master instructor