Can you explain in detail the difference between an inner join and outer join? Can you recite a join syntax from memory? Do you know what are SQL Constraints? If the answers are obvious to you and you want to immerse yourself in complex SQL Quality Assurance challenges, then this role may be for you.
A SQL software company’s business continues to grow and we’re searching for a Senior ETL / API QA person to join their growing team.
The ideal candidate will be an organized, structure, collaborative individual with excellent technical writing skills, have strong theoretical SQL skills and possesses a programming background and has chosen to take Quality Assurance as their desired career path.
|Who will be successful in this role||Who will not be successful in this role|
Great career potential with a growing young company. You will obtain diverse experiences and an opportunity to grow professionally via these experiences. They offer a relaxed work environment, walking distance to eateries, and healthcare spending account.
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists
- Ensure their software product is of the highest possible quality
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Review requirements and technical design documents, where they exist, to provide timely QA estimates,
- Develop test cases and plans, prioritize, coordinate and perform manual testing activities for multiple simultaneous projects
- Ensure all user stories have adequate detail in the acceptance criteria as input to test case development
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved
- Assist in reproducing issues reported by clients (as needed)
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 5 years experience performing QA within software companies (vs. banks or insurance companies) and strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Excellent Microsoft SQL knowledge, SQL theory and principles, creating queries, joins, indexes, data migration & integration
- Integration QA experience, testing APIs and/or ETL is a must-have
- Experience with creating test cases & plan, manual and automated regression testing, and load testing
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Coding experience: Ability to write code or scripts in C# or SQL
- Knowledge of XML and JSON
- Quick learner, inquisitive and independent
- You have the ability to work in a cross-functional team organization
- You have strong professional communication skills
- Understand software architecture
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
Additionally Preferred Qualifications
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with CRMs
Sound like you? Sent your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org now!
Please include your resume.
About the Company
Our client is a growing 6-year old company which has already attracted 3,000+ Enterprise-level clients from over 70+ countries including Fortune 500 companies. These clients now rely on our client’s solutions to integrate data between their various applications. They have become a leading provider of data integration.
Application integration is a painful and daunting task, typically costly and inefficient to develop. To address this, our client has developed robust value-add additions which leverage existing Microsoft integration offerings. Their software solution is cost-effective and easy for developers to use.
They offer a relaxed work environment, walking distance to eateries, and healthcare spending account.