About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists
If your career goal is to build enterprise applications effectively from scratch vs maintaining pre-existing apps, then this role may be for you.
An opportunity for a Business Analyst fluent in understanding Notes and Domino code to reverse engineer applications to create requirements documentation. Often there is little to no documentation on the business processes instantiated within the Domino application.
Why we’re a cool company
- Flexible working location
- Full Benefits
- Lots of latitude of responsibilities within a project. E.g. Client liaison, Project Management and/or more
- Plurasight and Lynda subscriptions for ongoing learning
- A casual relaxed environment, with a lounge and gaming
- Great central location at 427 & Hwy 7
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Understand Notes/Domino application code
- Analysis of legacy application + create functional and non-functional specifications and obtain client signoff
- Defect investigation and resolution in test
- Provide effort estimates, planning out weekly sprints, while identifying and assisting in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
- Assist in L2 & L3 support of production environments
- Lead a project to achieve given delivery commitments
- Assist in decommission Notes applications
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- Lotus Domino: 3 years min experience within last 12 years developing or maintaining Lotus Domino applications, v6.x or higher
- IDEs: Eclipse or Intellij IDEA
- Understand relational database concepts
- Strong presentation skills, consultative selling skills and Relationship skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Haves
- Java, Java EE (JEE)
- Ability to create SQL Queries
- Understanding of Restful API development
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience with code repositories
- Linux, Windows Server
- Experience with Automated testing
- Understand containerization
- Understanding of cloud environments
- Redmine, Microsoft Teams, JIRA
- IBM Domino Certification
Connect with Us!
To learn more about this opportunity, the client, their culture, we invite you to share your resume with us via this job board or to Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: Business Analyst
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
About the Company
Our client is a 9-year old boutique fast moving software company with two principle practices: custom software development utilizing opensource tools, and a well regarded practice of migrating clients’ legacy Notes/Domino enterprise applications to an opensource stack.
Please include your resume. We’re searching for local permanent resources only and will consider a contracts arrangement.
Note: A Criminal Background check is required due to their client contractual requirements.