If your career goal is to build commercial applications from scratch vs maintaining pre-existing apps, then this role may be for you. Additionally, due to the nature of the business, you’re usually utilizing the latest tool sets and language versions.
About the Job
The purpose of this role and why this role exists.
Python + Django / Flask Developer | Senior or Intermediate level for a custom software development company in Oakville specializing in mobile and web based product development. They use open source development tools to build scalable solutions. You will architect and manage the development of new software applications. Potentially a customer facing role.
They’re a 15 year old growing firm with 150 people, across 3 offices, including software engineers, business analysts/project managers, and creative talent delivering some really cool stuff. They own most projects entirely, sometimes they’re an extension of the client. 50%+ of their products can be found in an app store or publicly on-line.
Our work environment
- Flex-hours outside core hours 10-4
- Role will be 99.9% Remote for the foreseeable future, moving to Flexible Working Location when conditions return to normal
- Full Benefits
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Gym Membership reimbursement (or virtually any physical health activity)
- Brand new modern office facing the QEW (open as needed)
- Office closes during the holidays
- We have amazing clients who are fun to work with and appreciate our value to them
- Casual, yet professional environment with a Social Club
The part that you play in this organization, and specific duties you are measured against
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams to define & design of new Products, features and functionality
- Review peer code and architecture to ensure the products you build exceed client expectations
- Provide technical leadership within the project and developments teams
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Full-stack coding, end-to-end delivery, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Direct interaction with the client (Potentially)
- Provide effort estimates, planning out weekly sprints alongside project objectives, while identifying and assisting in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
Some of the Experiences & Background we’d like to see
All the things you’re good at because you’ve done most of these before
- 5-years+ experience in web development roles with open source technologies in a SaaS environment
- Backend: Python + Django and/or Flask
- Frontend: Bootstrap, Sass, CSS, HTML, VueJS
- IDE such as Pycharm
- HTML / XML parsers like Beautiful Soap
- Git code repository
- Experience working in a Mac and Unix environment
- Effective communication skills
- Proficiency with cross-browser/cross-platform issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Nice to haves
- ReactJS + NodeJS
Let’s Get to Work!
To learn more about the client, their culture and the opportunity, we invite you to share your resume with Rick @ SearchVelocity.ca, Subject: Python
Have a canned cover letter? Delete it. Tell us why you’re perfect for this opportunity and you’re virtually guaranteed an interview.
We provide recruitment services to technology companies to identify and acquire high-value technology staff. We specialize in complex assignments, roles requiring multiple technologies, skills and/or business vertical knowledge, like this one.
We bring 25+ years of broad experience working in software companies and IT professional consulting firms as hiring management of Technical staff. We can help you find the right people.
Based in Halton Region, Ontario (GTA-West) we specialize on the staffing challenges of tech companies located in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills, Georgetown, Hamilton, Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto. Visit us at SearchVelocity.ca
Keywords: job, jobs, ReactJS, React Native, Halton, Oakville, Milton, Burlington, Hamilton, Mississauga