Do you bring 3+ years’ experience in manipulating inventory data using with Excel? Are you an Excel expert?
Imagine a job with an excellent long-term career growth potential with a very large National B2B electrical products distributor with over 10 locations in Ontario. A Permanent opportunity in a Peel Head-Office with full benefits.
We are searching for an Inventory Professional to become our Senior Inventory Manager for 15 warehouses. You will ensure our product offerings meet market needs, forecasting, and create insights into the inventory data for decision making purposes. You will also be a primary contributor to our Slimstock implementation project.\
- Flexible Group Benefits: Life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), short-term disability (STD), long-term disability (LTD) insurance, extended health care, dental coverage
- Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP – employee contribution up to a maximum of 3.5% of your regular earnings
What you will be doing
- Inventory levels; minimizing out of stock risk and aged inventory, including seasonality
- Assessing Customer fill rate
- Assessing inventory to identify stale SKUs
- Maintain action plan to reduce slow moving inventory
- Ensure proper FIFO rotation of inventory
- Vendor Analysis
- Serve as a primary internal contact for supply chain, logistics and ordering processes, ensuring. optimal inventory and order management.
- Own reporting and tools to support the Customer Supply Chain Manager.
Are you qualified? We hope so. We require this:
- 3 years experience in a similar role (Purchasing, Sales, Product Management, Vendor Relations)
- Inventory Experience – Must Have
- Purchasing Experience – Must Have
- MS Power BI or Cognos – Must Have Strong
- MS Excel experience – Must have (Pivot tables, v-lookups, formulas, importing data, data manipulation)
- Inventory Management Systems experience
- Self-starter who is driven by data analysis
- Solid analytical and interpersonal skills are a must
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and collaboration skills
Do you also have these additional desired skills and experiences?
- Electrical Supplies product knowledge or industry experience
- Slimstock Knowledge
- Infor SX ERP Knowledge
- College diploma or certificate a definite advantage!
- SCMP / PMAC accreditation (or in-progress)
Note this is not a software development role.
Why our client?
Our client is a Business-to-Business (B2B) distributor of electrical supplies. They are the products and services source for electrical professionals whether they are building, renovating or maintaining Canada’s homes, businesses, factories and infrastructure. They have over 100 branches in six provinces and 2500+ dynamic employees.